Using lasers to measure distance, we can learn to a small percent of error how far we are from the galactic center.
That laser, in other words, stretches from its position on Earth, to a point about 30,000 light years away. Or it will, in 30,000 years. Or. Wait.
Space is too big.
Posted on Monday, 16 July
Reblogged from: unknownconstellation-deactivate
Posted by: unknownconstellation-deactivate
- galaxiesandman reblogged this from trag3dy
- sugarweasel likes this
- distant-traveller likes this
- spockandsex likes this
- ryannathans likes this
- can-i-be-a-companion reblogged this from paladin-hem
- paladin-hem reblogged this from jayxtran
- acciosparsile likes this
- jayxtran reblogged this from bulletproofl-ve
- ohdeviant reblogged this from trag3dy
- bulletproofl-ve reblogged this from books-and-stars
- depressedguy reblogged this from trag3dy
- trag3dy reblogged this from books-and-stars
- potsmokingsith likes this
- daydreamsonlooseleafpaper likes this
- mickeymichal said: AHH astrophysics is so cool
- sheddinpetals said: dakldfjae mindfuck
- sheddinpetals likes this